VIP – Support Service Description
Effective February 10, 2017
WordPress.com VIP’s Support Service includes the following:
- Consultation for clients hosting their own installation of WordPress (“self-hosted”).
- Unlimited access to WordPress.com VIP’s support portal (via Zendesk). Response Time pursuant to the Response Time specified on your Order Form.
- Expert Guidance on WordPress scaling, security, and development.
- WordPress.com VIP’s engineers work with your engineers to ensure your sites are optimized and secure.
- Support Seats model is one seat equals one contact person. When you sign up for a support contract you will specify a contact person who will be interacting with us. If you would like to have multiple people interact with us, you will need to buy multiple Support Seats. With a single contact you may also specify an alternate for instances where your main contact is unavailable.
- Assist in the design of this project, utilizing WordPress.com VIP’s team expertise and experience working on similar WordPress builds with enterprise clients.
- Systems and architecture guidance and setup, leveraging the Automattic systems team.
- Hosting and infrastructure planning.
- Development of best practices for WordPress, including theme and plugin development.
- Guidance in leveraging open source tools, such as the Theme Customization API and WP REST API to ensure a seamless end-user experience.
- Security and scalability best practices, leveraging WordPress.com VIP’s experienced WordPress / PHP developers.
- Guidance in building a long-term strategy for development, operation and maintenance of enterprise WordPress sites, including but not limited to update strategies, plugin selection and vetting, and insight into future platform development.