Technical Account Manager
WordPress VIP is part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will:
- Drive our customers’ adoption of WordPress and other Automattic products and services. Draw on your technical acumen and customer-facing skills to effectively represent Automattic.
- Lead discussions with senior leadership regarding technical and product strategy, incidents, trade-offs, and risk management.
- Work with developers and senior engineers to provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance, to help customers plan and build solutions that proactively drive application health.
- Develop close relationships with your customers, in order to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from our products.
You are motivated by impact, whether that’s achieved by rapid deployment of bespoke, high-profile sites; helping newsrooms take control of their online publishing; helping businesses with their digital transformation; or working with some of the most influential companies in the world to get the most out of WordPress.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and customers, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You view our customers as partners and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing projects and timelines and working with everyone from engineers to GMs and VPs of Sales.
In addition, you have experience with:
- Influencing customer outcomes, analyzing customer health metrics, and tracking customer interactions via tools.
- Collaborating closely with team members to support renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Gauging customers’ levels of engagement with the company and provide feedback to internal stakeholders regarding product and service improvements.
- Providing insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of WordPress and Automattic’s products and services.
- Creating structure in ambiguous situations and designing effective processes.
- Leading customer on-sites, conducting service reviews, and empowering customers to achieve success and gain the greatest value from our products.
- Effective at problem-solving, conflict resolution, and context-switching.
- Distilling and accomplishing goals and wish-lists into concrete next steps.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Remaining undaunted by managing risks in high stakes situations.
- Excited by kick-off calls and getting everyone on the same page.
- Experienced in working with WordPress or other web technologies.
- Bonus points for software development and architecture experience, but writing code is not in scope for this position.
Prospective Technical Account Managers will be evaluated by the WordPress VIP, Special Projects, and Newspack teams. Candidates may indicate a preferred area of interest.
As a TAM for WordPress VIP, you will help drive our Enterprise customers’ adoption of the VIP platform by managing and understanding our customers and partners from discovery, through launch, and beyond. WordPress VIP TAMs are the principal operational customer contacts for the ‘voice of the customer’ internally. You will influence how our customers best engage with our platform and complementary Automattic products and services.
WordPress Special Projects Team
As a TAM on the Special Projects Team, you will regularly audit, review, and recommend improvements to customer sites and work with designers and developers to implement those recommendations. You’ll draw on your project management, organization, and communication skills to move large scale site-builds forward.
As a TAM for Newspack you will work directly with our growing roster of small and medium-sized news publishers to migrate their sites to WordPress and relaunch on the Newspack platform. Secondary responsibilities include troubleshooting technical issues as they arise and working with Publishers to identify and embrace best practices in digital news publishing and monetization. You’ll also work closely with our product/dev team to refine the product and drive adoption. Note: We are not currently hiring for the Newspack team.