VIP Go platform specific
This document is for sites running on VIP Go.
When you test your site, we recommend you run all tests on your production environment. Walk through your site using all the functionality of your dashboard, including plugins that you and your team will use on a regular basis. This could include creating test posts and widgets.
In addition to testing backend functionality, you’ll want to look at the frontend to ensure it functions as expected. If anything appears broken or is not working as expected, you might want to take a deeper look at your output and see which
warnings need to be addressed.
At a minimum, we recommend the following tests:
- Create a post as a user with the “editor” role
- Create a post as a user with the “author” role
- Upload an image to the media library
- Edit a post
- Delete a post
- Create a new user
- Delete a user
- Change a user’s role
- Add a widget
- Modify a widget
- Verify settings are correct for external services like Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Any features of your editorial workflow that rely on plugins or theme functionality
- 301 redirects, if any, still work