Accessing VIP support
Your support team is here to help, every step of the way.
VIP uses the Zendesk ticketing system for helping support clients with technical issues and launch planning.
Support tickets can be opened in one of these ways:
- Log in to the Zendesk portal (access provided after kickoff call)
- Submit tickets from “VIP” portal in the wp-admin of your site
- Use the
? Supportbutton in the lower left-hand corner of the VIP Dashboard
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for using Zendesk:
- Keep each issue in its own ticket. This allows our team to effectively route your questions and can help avoid confusion where multiple issues and resolutions are being discussed in one ticket.
- When you create a ticket, you’ll have the option of four different priority levels: low, normal, high, and urgent. Urgent tickets page the entire support team, so we appreciate that you use them sparingly for true emergencies like outages, time-sensitive security concerns, and workflow-blocking situations where the site isn’t functioning at all.
- Access your existing tickets in the Zendesk portal.
- Add additional stakeholders using cc field in the original email, or any subsequent responses.
- Please follow our guidelines for opening a ticket, to help us reach a timely resolution.
The VIP Lobby #
- The VIP Lobby is the first place we share information with VIP clients from outages to event announcements.
- Invitations to the VIP Lobby are sent to WordPress.com usernames or email addresses.
- To ensure you receive the latest updates, you’ll want to subscribe to new posts. When logged in, you can do this by clicking “Subscribe to Email Updates” or the “Follow” button in the bottom right-hand corner.
Updates about VIP service issues and maintenance are posted on @WPVIPStatus on Twitter.