VIP is here to help anytime you have a technical issue that needs investigating, and we strive to respond as completely and as accurately as possible. By working together with us and following the guidelines outlined on this page, we will be able to troubleshoot and investigate a reported issue to reach a timely resolution. Not sure how to report a problem? The best way is to head over to your support dashboard, and submit a ticket.
All set? Let’s get started.
- In the body of your request, include the domain name(s) that correspond to the VIP Go environment you are referring to.
- Please open up a new ticket for each individual request.
- Note that we reserve “Urgent” tickets for times when there are important security issues or your site cannot be accessed. Please refrain from using the “Urgent” indicator otherwise.
- If the ticket submitted has insufficient information, this will increase the feedback cycle time for resolving the issue.
Prior to submitting a ticket
Please collect the following information:
- What steps have you taken to investigate this issue so far?
- What have you determined from looking at New Relic?
- What have you determined from using the Query Monitor?
- Is the site down for everyone, or just you?
- Have you isolated advertisements or other third-party content as possible sources of the problem?
- Have your developers replicated this issue on non-production environments?
Submitting a ticket
Please send along the information gathered in the previous step, along with:
- URLs affected: front end, wp-admin, or both?
- Steps to replicate the issue – this very important so we can start analyzing the problem right away.
- Description of issue + supporting screenshots, error messages, and support details if applicable.
- What is the expected behavior?
- How does the actual behaviour differ from the expectation?
- Timings of issue occurrence.
- Impact/number of users affected?
Additional and supporting information
- Which network are affected users on? e.g. office, home, mobile
- Which browser(s) the issue is appearing on?
- If one user, what is the user’s source IP? http://whatismyip.akamai.com/
- If one or more users only, usernames of the affected users?
- Have there been recent deployments?
- Have there been network changes on your side? (e.g. incl. DNS if applicable or internal network)
- A traceroute and HTTP headers
- HAR file for the failing or problematic requests
- Screen share or videos demonstrating the issue