Senior Sales Recruiter
WordPress VIP is an enterprise content platform providing consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
The WordPress VIP team is part of Automattic, the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We’re a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages.
We’re looking for a Senior Sales Recruiter to join our fully remote recruiting team for WordPress VIP. You’ll be responsible for identifying and recruiting extraordinary people to join our enterprise sales team. We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep recruiting experience in the North American market.
You have a highly refined depth of experience sourcing, screening, and coordinating a high volume of candidates, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. You understand the importance of making sure every candidate in every stage has the best experience possible, and could not stand to leave someone out in the cold.
Whether you’ve been a consultant, in-house, or at an agency, you’ve gained experience doing a bit of everything. You’ll perform full life-cycle recruiting for all levels of roles across the entire Sales and Marketing teams – from lead generation to hire! Over your career, you’ve built a book of talented professionals who reach out to you when they’re looking for their next opportunity. You’re proficient in using LinkedIn, social media, and have experience with common industry tools to maximize your impact.
- Kind, courteous, and a highly effective communicator. Here’s what we expect from ourselves.
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Keen to dive in and go deep on everything. There is no task too menial.
- Experienced in talent programs, employment branding, and analytics.
- A strong and creative sourcer.
- Demonstrable experience recruiting sales and marketing professionals in the North American market, from the top of the funnel through to offer.
- A proven track record of implementing and developing standard methodologies for increasing diversity in hiring processes.
- Strong project management skills and a love for organization, including documentation.
- Ability to work very autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and a level of comfort with frequent context switching.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- The ability to advocate for collaborative decision making in a team environment; ability to influence without being directive.
- Strong general cognitive ability.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.