Senior Product Designer, Enterprise
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the WordPress VIP team as part of our growing design org. You’ll collaborate with engineers and designers in our fully remote company to help our customers be more successful online and help make the web a better place.
Our vision for WordPress VIP is to be the leading service provider for businesses building modern digital experiences. As Senior Product Designer you will craft experiences, flows, and interfaces used by some of the most influential companies on the planet to build and host digital experiences based on WordPress.
What you’ll be doing:
- Objective #1: Lead product design projects to help deliver high impact tools that make our WordPress.com VIP clients more productive, more confident in our products, and more engaged with us.
- Research: Proactively coordinate and conduct research activities (e.g. user interviews, usability testing, data analysis, etc) as a necessary and recurring part of the design process. Partner with product managers, other designers, engineering, marketing, and business partners to define and frame user problems and needs based on this research.
- Design: You will design at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale — taking into consideration the full customer journey, touchpoints, mobile, and product experience.
- Communicate: Align teams, spread ideas, and gather feedback efficiently and clearly, adapting the communication style and format to the specifics of the work and audience.
Execute: You’ll work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for our VIP clients.
- Iterate & Validate: Working in short design cycles, you’ll iterate on designs according to research and feedback, validating your work with data and real users.
- Objective #2: Push forward the design practices and community at Automattic through mentorship, collaboration, and design leadership, raising the overall quality of design.
- Train & Mentor: Empower everyone at Automattic to improve their knowledge and skills by contributing to internal training, learn-ups, and other resources.
- Evolve Our Design Process: Help improve our design system and process by actively connecting with other designers across the company.
- Include Everyone: Help non-designers to understand and apply concepts easily by contributing to onboarding and communication practices.
Have you done this before?
Do you have extensive experience designing products for developers or highly-technical users?
If you’d like this to be your next challenge, send us your resume, a portfolio (if you have one), and answers to the following:
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the role.
- What is the product design accomplishment that you are most proud of? Bonus points if audience for this product was particularly technical (developers, etc.).
We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.