The Sales Executive role is responsible for building and managing a funnel of qualified enterprise customers, and materially contributing to the continued growth of both VIP and WordPress in the enterprise space.
Your style is to listen and learn from prospects, positioning VIP as the best Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) for the Global 2000. You don’t sit and wait for leads to come to you. Instead you think through the opportunity within specific verticals, and create an approach to growing WordPress and VIP within these verticals. This includes working with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) on targeted outreach including email, phone, and events, responding quickly and effectively to inbound leads, working with our Marketing team to align our messaging and ads to the right people and places, and getting things done in an autonomous and dependable fashion.
You view enterprise customers and their messages as important parts of the web, and you view VIP and WordPress as the best partner to come alongside those efforts. You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and doing what’s best for the customer. You enjoy telling stories, doing demos, giving “the pitch,” and are comfortable with everyone from engineers to I.T. to content creators.
In addition, you are:
- An amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether via email, presenting, chatting on the phone, or meeting in person.
- Comfortable when it comes to selling, understanding how to build and manage a funnel, reach the right people, execute solutions-based selling, and close deals.
- Comfortable working with executive-level prospects, negotiating terms, and reviewing contracts.
- Able to listen to the needs of publishers and use that information to inform our product roadmap.
- Driven to achieve growth targets, both as an individual and company.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run, and to be able to communicate with engineers effectively. Moderate travel is required as well.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socio-economic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
How to apply:
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach your résumé (PDF format only).
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us about a complex sale that you won and are proud of. What made it complex, and why does it make you proud?
- What draws you to the Enterprise Sales Executive role? And what are your top 2 or 3 qualities that will lead you to success in the role?
- What questions do you have for us?