Relationship Manager, North America
The WordPress VIP team provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
WordPress VIP is part of Automattic, a distributed company where staff choose their own schedules and work from wherever they are. For this role, however, we’re prioritizing applicants interested in a daytime work schedule and residing in North America.
About the Role
The Relationship Manager role is responsible for customer retention and growth at VIP. You are the point person for the business, procurement, and senior product teams running some of the biggest WordPress sites on the web. You have the ability to view business health holistically and seek new opportunities within a current account.
You view enterprise customers and their content as important parts of the web, and you view VIP and WordPress as the best partners to come alongside those content efforts. You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and doing what’s best for the customer.
We’re looking for someone:
- Experienced in navigating enterprise organization structures, negotiating terms, and contracts.
- Accomplished in lowering churn and growing an existing customer base.
- Quick to resolve unexpected challenges, and collaborate with product teams and C-suite executives.
- Opinionated about how the power of platforms influence the inner workings of organizations.
All our positions require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position. We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role, however, we’re prioritizing applicants interested in a daytime work schedule and residing in North America.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.