The Relationship Manager role is responsible for customer retention and growth at VIP.
You are the point person for the business, procurement, and senior product teams running some of the biggest WordPress sites on the web. You have the ability to view business health holistically and seek new opportunities within a current account.
You view enterprise customers and their content as important parts of the web, and you view VIP and WordPress as the best partners to come alongside those content efforts. You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and doing what’s best for the customer.
We are looking for someone:
- Experienced in navigating enterprise organization structures, negotiating terms, and contracts.
- Accomplished in lowering churn and growing an existing customer base.
- Quick to resolve unexpected challenges, and collaborate with product teams and C-suite executives.
- Opinionated about how the power of platforms influence the inner workings of organizations.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé (PDF format only).
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Please provide an example of when you have built lasting partnerships that are truly mutually beneficial.
- What’s an example of a creative way you’ve won over a disengaged customer? What was the result?
- How have you used our products or their competitors’? Where do you feel WordPress sits in the enterprise market?