Relationship Management Leader
WordPress VIP, the enterprise WordPress digital experience platform, is looking for an extraordinary Business Leader to lead our Relationship Management Team.
As a Relationship Management Leader you will be developing a team of Enterprise Business Development Executives maintaining and growing our largest accounts. We are looking for a shown leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial drive. This role works in close partnership with Marketing, Engineering and Product, Partnerships and Human Resources, and Support therefore a strong teamwork mentality and high emotional quotient are necessary. You will be capable of driving excellent business results and strong employee development. You will be fully responsible for developing and leading a team to generate revenue and achieve team and company targets. Aligning to the overall business strategy, the Relationship Management Leader defines and executes business development activities, delivers on Account-Based Marketing initiatives and maintains our Customer Satisfaction at the highest level. The team you lead will significantly impact the growth of our overall business and you will coach them to do their best work.
- Provide support and mentorship to your team by participating and leading in client meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of a high-performing team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive incremental account revenue
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Consistent monitoring of activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Develop and execute successful targeted sales campaigns and Account-Based Marketing activities
- Productively work with our support and professional services organization to resolve customer concerns
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and retention within our existing customer base
- Engaging at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully leading client critical issues
- Develop required key relationships and Executive engagement to support success
- Proven successful experience in leading Enterprise Account Executives
- Shown ability to create high-performing teams
- Excellent presentation and executive engagement skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A demonstrated capacity in resolving customer concerns for the best possible results
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced environment
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to
jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé (PDF format only).
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting problem you’ve worked on recently. What made it interesting?
- Tell us about an experience you’ve had as a Relationship Management Leader.
- What attracted you to applying at WordPress VIP?
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of the VIP team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.