We’re looking for a phenomenal Product Owner to join the VIP team.
Our vision is to be the leading service provider for businesses creating modern digital experiences. As some of the most influential companies on the planet, our clients and partners push the limits of WordPress, as Product Owner you will shape products that empower enterprise teams to build and host digital experiences based on WordPress, enabling them to focus on their business goals.
You will be responsible for presenting a clear vision of the product and opportunities to the team, and collaborating with them on solutions. You will define and prioritize features and solutions in the form of user stories in the backlog.
You will capture product requirements, prioritize feature implementations, improve overall user experience, and ensure high quality deliverables to help our clients succeed.
- Deeply understand VIP’s market, users, and competition through research and user outreach.
- Collaborate with the team on product enhancements that provide client value and impact on our strategic goals.
- Prioritize the implementation of new features in the product backlog and set specific timelines.
- Build and sustain good relationships with the internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with the marketing department to ensure proper advertisement and positioning of new products.
- Monitor and report on product metrics and the impact on clients before and after launching.
- Create support and training documents for internal and external users.
- Perform quality assurance controls on products.
- Contribute to our overall product strategy.
- Keep abreast of innovative approaches within the product and agile communities, and use the insight to improve our practice.
- You have a good knowledge of Scrum and agile product development
- You have a well-grounded understanding of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management, website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- You have experienced and enjoy working cross-functionally with Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other Web Content Management Systems
- You have 1-3 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for the entire product lifecycle (Product Owner Preferred).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner – CSPO (Preferred)
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send an email to
jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé.
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject line. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? Let us know where you heard about the position and include a few sentences on your thoughts to these questions:
- What’s the most important thing you could do in the first month of joining?
- What questions do you have for us?
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress, product, agile, and technology trends on behalf of our team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.