Head of Technology Partnerships
WordPress VIP is the leading provider of enterprise WordPress, trusted by brands like CNN, Facebook, and Capital One. We’re looking for an outstanding person to establish and maintain partnerships that strengthen and increase the distribution of our offerings.
As Head of Technology Partnerships, you will play a key role in building our partnerships program. You’ll identify, assess, and prioritize new strategic opportunities for a rapidly growing enterprise business; work with product, support and engineering to develop and run integrations; and lead the long-term success of these partnerships on WordPress VIP.
WordPress VIP is part of Automattic, a distributed company where staff choose their own schedules and work from wherever they are. For this role, however, we’re prioritizing applicants interested in a daytime work schedule and residing in North America.
- You will identify and negotiate key partnership opportunities that increase the reach of our products, generate revenue, and strengthen our product offering.
- You are motivated by data-informed decisions to evaluate the effectiveness of your work in the delivery of positive ROI for our business.
- You will handle the successful integration of partnerships across our organization including product, sales, marketing, and customer support.
- You will coordinate relationships with key individuals across WordPress VIP and our partners. You are comfortable working across different levels of organizations including executives, product leadership, engineering, sales and marketing.
- You will design processes that enable the team to scale. You will standardize processes and implement reporting that tracks our progress against our business goals.
- You have meaningful experience in the craft and execution of strategic partnerships.
- You can lead a broad range of partnerships from product integrations to distribution partnerships.
- You are a highly analytical person with the ability to model business plans and forecast return on investment.
- You bring a sincere passion for open source technology; an understanding of Content Management Systems, Digital Experience Platforms, Software as a Service, and Platform as a Service is preferred.
- You have 5+ years of experience, many of which involve negotiating, building, and maintaining technical partnerships and integrations. Your experience is preferably in the Enterprise Web CMS and Digital Experience Platform space.
- You enjoy presenting complex concepts to audiences of varied roles.
- You have a strong ability to work autonomously.
- You have excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- You are someone looking to grow a partnerships practice and build a career in a fully distributed organization.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.