Head of Technology Partnerships
WordPress VIP, the enterprise WordPress digital experience platform, is looking for an extraordinary person to manage partnerships which strengthen and increase the distribution of our offerings.
As Director, Technology Partnerships you will identify, assess, and prioritize new strategic opportunities for a rapidly growing enterprise business; work with product, support and engineering to develop and run integrations; and lead the long-term success of these partnerships on VIP.
- You will identify and negotiate key partnership opportunities that increase the reach of our products, generate revenue, as well as strengthen our product offering.
- You are motivated by data-informed decisions to evaluate the effectiveness of your work in the delivery of positive ROI for our business.
- You will handle the successful integration of partnerships across our organization including product, sales, marketing, and customer support.
- You will coordinate relationships with key individuals across VIP and our partners. You are comfortable working across different levels of organizations including executives, product leadership, engineering, sales and marketing.
- You will design processes that enable the team to scale. You will standardize processes and implement reporting that tracks our progress against our business goals.
- You have meaningful experience in the craft and execution of strategic partnerships.
- You can lead a broad range of partnerships from product integrations to distribution partnerships.
- You are a highly analytical person with the ability to model business plans and forecast return on investment.
- You bring a sincere passion for open source technology and an understanding of Content Management Systems, Digital Experience Platforms, Software as a Service, and Platform as a Service is preferred.
- You have 5+ years of experience, many of which involve negotiating, building, and maintaining technical partnerships and integrations. Your experience is preferably in the Enterprise Web CMS and Digital Experience Platform space.
- You enjoy presenting complex concepts to audiences of varied roles.
- You have a strong ability to work autonomously.
- You have excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- You are someone looking to grow a partnerships practice and build a career in a fully distributed organization.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to
jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé (PDF format only).
Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting problem you’ve worked on recently. What made it interesting?
- Tell us about an experience you’ve had as a Partnerships leader (or similar role).
- What attracted you to applying at WordPress VIP?
All Jobs Require
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is vital.
- Self-driven work ethic. You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of the VIP team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.