Head of Partnerships
True Search has been engaged by WordPress VIP to identify, recruit, and onboard a world class Head of Partnerships. WordPress VIP is the leading provider of enterprise WordPress, trusted by brands like CNN, Facebook, and Capital One. We’re looking for an outstanding person to establish and maintain partnerships that strengthen and increase the distribution of our offerings. As the Head of Partnerships, you will play a key role in building our partnerships program. You’ll identify, assess, and prioritize new strategic opportunities for a rapidly growing enterprise business; work with product, support and engineering to develop and run integrations; and lead the long-term success of these partnerships on WordPress VIP. WordPress VIP is part of Automattic, a distributed company where staff choose their own schedules and work from wherever they are. For this role, however, we’re prioritizing applicants interested in a daytime work schedule and residing in North America.
- Reporting to VIP’s Chief Revenue Officer, the Head of Partnerships will play a critical leadership role in designing and executing the global strategy to expand VIP’s Partnerships program by identifying, assessing, and prioritizing strategic opportunities with technology/product-based partners, as well as key distribution partners.
- You will negotiate these key partnerships in a way that increases the reach of VIP’s products, generates revenue and positive ROI, and strengthens VIP’s overall product offering.
- You will grow the contribution of sourced and influenced partner revenue to 30% this year (with 50% being the ultimate goal), while also creating an ecosystem where partners are creating value to VIP’s customer base.
- You will lead the long-term success of the Partnerships program through an established Partnerships team, as well as collaborate with teams from Product, Engineering, and Support in order to develop and manage the successful integration of these partnerships.
- You will also help shape a credible narrative of how technology ‘lives’ around VIP’s business, measured against analyst sentiment, customer feedback, growth of the business, etc.
- You have meaningful experience in the craft and execution of a global, revenue-generating, partnerships program across a broad range of partnerships (i.e. product integrations to distribution partnerships).
- You have launched (nascent or non-existent) and scaled partner programs, and successfully grown it into a meaningful contributor of overall revenue.
- You are able to tell a credible ‘story’ in terms of partner program contribution (i.e. built from the ground up, impact on growth, pipeline, management buy in/reinvestment, other).
- Your skill set leans towards technology and product, you have a strong understanding and perspective of the markets VIP competes in, and can ‘speak to’ the various technologies sold into the CMO suite of large brands.
- You must be able to strengthen VIP’s position in the market as a best-in-class, enterprise caliber provider of Digital Experience solutions, and a preferred alternative to monolithic solutions.
- You have built a successful partnerships program within Digital Experience, Content Collaboration/Management, or the Marketing Automation arena;
- You are a highly analytical person with the ability to model business plans and forecast ROI.
- You have a sincere passion for open source technology, as well as a strong understanding of Content Management Systems, Digital Experience Platforms, Software as a Service, and Platform as a Service.
- You are able to work autonomously in a remote manner.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email a copy of your resume to Kevin McMahon (email@example.com) at True Search.