Director of Product Marketing
WordPress VIP is an enterprise content platform providing consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
We’re looking for an experienced GTM leader to build and scale the Product Marketing function. This is a high impact role reporting directly to WordPress VIP’s CMO.
We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the North American market.
About the Role
- Build and execute a go-to-market strategy and playbooks for key capabilities, use cases, and verticals across the fast growing digital experience market.
- Launch new products and features to target prospects, channel partners, and the existing WordPress enterprise customer base.
- Own positioning across the competitive landscape and internal market intelligence and sales enablement of key messages and differentiators.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the sales funnel, personas, industries, and use cases to drive sales and marketing asset development.
- Produce compelling content that communicates our unique capabilities. Content can include solution briefs, reference architectures, case studies, sales enablement material, product videos, web copy, white papers, demos, and more.
- Be a strategic advisor across Product, Engineering, and Sales on roadmap priorities and product packaging.
- Lead analyst relations including planning and execution of cross-functional milestones to support Forrester Wave and Gartner Magic Quadrant evaluations.
- 7+ years of experience launching successful GTM for B2B products and services.
- Experience working closely with enterprise Sales teams on messaging, content, and playbooks.
- Highly cross-functional, with the ability to partner with different teams across the company.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- A compelling communicator, with excellent writing skills and comfortable presenting to executives.
- Enjoys recruiting talent and building out teams.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.