Content Marketer, North America
WordPress VIP is an enterprise content platform providing consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Content Marketer to join our fully remote team, helping to execute our content strategy across all go-to-market channels.
We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the North American market.
About the Role
- Execute and maintain best-in-class content marketing execution across the entire buyer’s journey.
- Write, create, manage, and edit various types of content including case studies, solution briefs, blog posts, website copy, presentations, videos, webinar and keynotes, demand gen emails, social media posts, and ad copy.
- Support our social media channels, strategies, content, assets, and more.
- Execute our SEO strategy website and blogs in partnership with Demand Gen team.
- Optimize our email nurturing program to engage with our database and move people through the funnel.
- Measure and optimize the efficiency of our assets by developing analytics and reporting for each content channel.
- Ensure consistent voice, tone, and messaging while serving as a brand custodian.
- Excellent writer with 5+ years of related content marketing experience for the B2B enterprise segment.
- Superior editorial, communications, and project management skills as well as exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in creating a wide range of compelling marketing assets in collaboration with an exceptional design team.
- Creative problem solver with an ongoing stream of out-of-the-box ideas to differentiate and stay ahead of market trends.
- Passionate about your discipline and are comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, often working under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in creative and workflow tools such as Figma, WordPress, Asana, Adobe etc.
- Experience or exposure to start-up environments and/or B2B software industry.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.