WordPress VIP is an agile content platform leading a powerful enterprise ecosystem. We fit seamlessly across large organizations to power the digital experiences that drive growth. Our customers include Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, Salesforce, and hundreds more.
WordPress VIP is one of the fastest-growing businesses in the Automattic portfolio of innovative brands. This is a highly impactful role with the opportunity to impact the growth of the company with a combination of business awareness and creativity, as a founding member of our quickly scaling marketing team.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Content Marketer to join our fully remote team, helping to execute WordPress VIP’s content strategy across all go-to-market channels. We’re a lean team, so this person will have impact at both the strategic development and execution levels by:
- Driving new top-of-funnel leads through timely and informative content,
- Nurturing existing leads with materials targeted towards specific personas,
- Supporting team members across the organization with up-to-date brand messaging and positioning,
- Managing relationships with third-party contractors and agencies to execute campaigns,
- Crafting content that improves search engine rankings for targeted keywords,
- Helping raise awareness and maintain consistency across brand touchpoints.
We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. For this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the North American market.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execute and maintain outstanding content marketing across the entire buyer’s journey.
- Drive the production of content that dominates search results and targets key personas.
- Write, create, manage, and edit various types of content including case studies, solution briefs, blog posts, website copy, presentations, videos, webinar and keynotes, demand gen emails, social media posts, and ad copy.
- Manage all elements of content production including campaign briefs, project management, cross-functional collaboration.
- Work with subject matter experts to craft their compelling stories into valuable content for a variety of channels.
- Support our social media channels, strategies, content, assets, and more.
- Support our SEO strategy by producing content across our website in partnership with the Demand Gen team that attracts potential leads and customers to WordPress VIP.
- Collaborate with Demand Gen on an email nurture strategy that engages with our database moves prospects through the funnel, and lead copywriting for email nurtures.
- Measure and optimize the efficiency of our assets by developing analytics and reporting for each content channel.
- Ensure consistent voice, tone, and messaging while serving as a brand custodian.
Deep expertise in the following areas will be vital for success in this role:
Market expertise – 5+ years of related content marketing experience for the B2B enterprise technology segment.
Analytical capabilities – Ability to analyze data and develop a campaign plan based on this data. Ability to take multiple inputs and synthesize them into cohesive content that performs well.
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively, in the appropriate voice, to our audience via different types of content.
Initiative – Self-motivation and initiative to drive a campaign and discover the right people to collaborate with. Passionate about the field and comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, often working under tight deadlines. Creative problem solver with an ongoing stream of out-of-the-box ideas to differentiate and stay ahead of market trends.
Strong writer – Editorial/writing proficiency across channels is a must, with ability to optimise copy for SEO. Experience with enterprise tech writing is a must. Highly proficient in creating a wide range of compelling marketing assets in collaboration with an exceptional design team. Excellent writer and editor, with demonstrated experience producing content campaigns from ideation to execution.
Project management – Superior project management skills, combined with exceptional attention to detail. Process-driven, with the ability to drive a campaign from iteration to execution.
Operational excellence – Can work within multiple different systems (CRM, marketing automation, webinar platform, CMS, project management tool, etc) and coordinate them to execute campaigns. Proficient in WordPress, and in creative and workflow tools such as Figma, Asana, Adobe etc.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic accurately. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
Choosing one existing WordPress VIP case study or white paper, how would you repurpose the content to drive more leads?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.