Account Executive, North America
WordPress VIP is an enterprise content platform providing consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Time Inc., Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more.
We’re in rapid growth mode and expanding our team of Account Executives. In this role you’ll be responsible for building and managing a funnel of qualified enterprise customers, and materially contributing to the continued growth of both WordPress VIP and WordPress in the enterprise space.
WordPress VIP is part of Automattic, a distributed company where our team members choose their own schedules and work from wherever they are. However, for this role we’re prioritizing applicants with deep experience in the North American market.
Your style is to listen and learn from prospects, positioning WordPress VIP as the best Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) for the Global 2000. You don’t sit and wait for leads to come to you. Instead you think through the opportunity within specific verticals, and create an approach to growing WordPress and WordPress VIP within these verticals. This includes working with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) on targeted outreach including email, phone, and events, responding quickly and effectively to inbound leads, working with our Marketing team to align our messaging and ads to the right people and places, and getting things done in an autonomous and dependable fashion.
You view enterprise customers and their messages as important parts of the web, and you view WordPress VIP and WordPress as the best partner to come alongside those efforts. You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and doing what’s best for the customer. You enjoy telling stories, doing demos, giving “the pitch,” and are comfortable with everyone from engineers to I.T. to content creators.
In addition, you are:
- An amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether via email, presenting, chatting on the phone, or meeting in person.
- Comfortable when it comes to selling, understanding how to build and manage a funnel, reach the right people, execute solutions-based selling, and close deals.
- Comfortable working with executive-level prospects, negotiating terms, and reviewing contracts.
- Able to listen to the needs of publishers and use that information to inform our product roadmap.
- Driven to achieve growth targets, both as an individual and company.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run, and to be able to communicate with engineers effectively. Moderate travel is required as well; however, all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.