Why Big Brands and Enterprises Love WordPress
Earlier this month, hundreds of WordPress developers, content creators, and users gathered in Leiden, The Netherlands, for the first WordPress conference for all of Europe, WordCamp Europe.
I was present and it was a great opportunity to hear how European countries are accelerating adoption of WordPress with big and small brands alike. I presented “Why Big Brands Love WordPress” — a presentation which delves into the reasons why big brands are choosing WordPress and what they have to say about it, directly from their mouths. At WordPress.com VIP, we work with a lot of enterprise and big brand clients as well as we work with those global brands to tell their WordPress stories right here on this site, so we often hear the many reasons why they pick WordPress and continue to love it.
Here’s the presentation (slides). The Russian translation is now available at the bottom of this post.
Here’s the video of the presentation from WordCamp Europe which is on WordPress.tv.
If you know of any examples or quotes which you’d like to see featured in a future version of this presentation, let us know!
Here’s a peek at some of the reasons Why Big Brands Love WordPress:
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s beautiful.
- It Scales.
- You own your data.
- You can launch quickly.
- It integrates & plays well with other services.
- It goes mobile and Responsive.
- You can iterate quickly with a small development team.
- It can humanize data.
- It’s a dynamic platform.
- The WordPress Community.
Here’s just a sampling of the sites and clients included in the presentation:
Links about WordPress.com VIP & the WordPress open source project:
- VIP clients — wpvip.com/clients
- VIP Featured Partner program — wpvip.com/partners
- VIP News — wpvip.com/news
- Jetpack plugin — Jetpack.me
- WordPress.org Plugin Repository — wordpress.org/plugins
- WordPress.org Showcase — wordpress.org/showcase
- Contribute to WordPress Core — make.wordpress.org
- WordPress.tv — wordpress.tv
Some WordPress.com VIP clients mentioned in the presentation:
- CBS Local (New York & dozens of other cities) — newyork.cbslocal.com | cbslocal.com
- CNN Blogs — news.blogs.cnn.com
- eMusic — emusic.com
- GigaOm — gigaom.com — VIP News: GigaOM Redesign: Speed as a Feature
- Harvard Business Review Blogs — blogs.hbr.org
- Interactive One — interactiveone.com — VIP News: Interactive One Hosts 70 Sites with WordPress.com VIP
- Kaiser Family Foundation — kff.org — VIP News: KFF: Bringing 20 years of data into WordPress
- Metro UK — metro.co.uk — VIP News: Metro.co.uk is Changing the Paradigm with Swipe
- New York Post — nypost.com — VIP News: NY Post is now on WordPress.com VIP
- Quartz — qz.com — VIP News: A Behind The Scenes Look at Atlantic Media’s Quartz
- The Wall Street Journal — Blogs — VIP News: The Wall Street Journal: Real-time news with WordPress — VIP News: The Wall Street Journal powers new WSJ Streams with WordPress
- The Washington Post — Blogs — Supergrid — VIP News: Why The Washington Post Uses WordPress
- TIME — Person of the Year site — VIP News: Time.com Chooses WordPress.com VIP for Person of the Year Website
- Van Heusen — vanheusen.com — VIP News: Van Heusen launches on WordPress
Other WordPress sites mentioned:
- Bates University — bates.edu — WordPress for Education
- BBC America — bbcamerica.com — VIP News: BBC America runs on WordPress
- Boise State University — boisestate.edu — WordPress for Education
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau — consumerfinance.gov — VIP News: The StartUp Government Agency – A Case Study on Consumer Finance Protection Bureau
- Enterprise UK Magazine — magazine.enterprise.co.uk
- IGN — ign.com — VIP News: IGN doubles community with flexible CMS WordPress
- KQED — kqed.com — VIP News: KQED Publishes at the Speed of News with WordPress
- James Bond franchise — 007.com — VIP News: Official James Bond site 007.com is on WordPress
- Justin Timberlake — justintimberlake.com — WordPress for Music
- La Vespa Vita — lavespavita.com — VIP News: Vespa revs up their community with WordPress
- NASA — Data — Open — Code — VIP News: NASA’s Open Government Initiative Websites powered by WordPress
- Sites.USA.gov — sites.usa.gov — VIP News: WordPress Powers Sites.usa.gov
- The Rolling Stones — rollingstones.com — VIP News: The Rolling Stones get satisfaction on WordPress
- The Walking Dead Story Sync — amctv.com
- Usain Bolt — usainbolt.com — WordPress for Sports
Thanks to Alexey Vidanov for the Russian Translation.
Interested in WordPress services for your enterprise site? Get in touch.