Recap: Editorial Tools Demo
Thanks to everyone who attended Friday’s VIP Editorial Tools demo!
Here’s an outline of the demo, and for anyone who missed it, you can watch a video of the presentation here:
I wanted to clarify a couple of things that came up during the demo.
First, a couple of you asked about distributing the post-by-email email address to your staff. This email address is specific to your user account, and all of your other blog users, no matter what their user role is, can create their own post-by-email secret address. Emailed posts by users in the Contributor user role will always be saved as pending rather than published.
Secondly, one of you asked if all users could see the post revisions. All administrators and editors can see all post revisions. Authors can see post revisions for any post they have authored (which are the only posts they’re able to view in the Dashboard). Contributors cannot see revisions.
Thanks for the great questions!
As a reminder, here are the links I shared during the demo and support documentation for each feature discussed:
- VIP Training Days — upcoming training events in San Francisco in October 2013!
- Copy a Post — Find yourself repeating the same post format frequently? Use an existing post as a template.
- Request Feedback — Send a preview of your draft to folks who don’t have access to your site and collect their feedback before you publish.
- Distraction Free Writing — Focus on your content with the cleaner, simpler full-screen editor.
- Revisions — Want to recover some text in an earlier draft? Restore the earlier revision. Not familiar with the new 3.6 revisions format? We cover it!
- Post by Email — Don’t have time to log into your Dashboard? Post to your blog directly from your email.
- Zemanta Editorial Assistant — Meet the ultimate editorial assistant! Add related content and related images to your original content. Find out more at Zemanta.com! [Deprecated]
- Jetpack — Add tons of popular WordPress.com features to your self-hosted WordPress site with one plugin. Jetpack is supported by the team here at WordPress.com.
- Edit Flow — Redefine your editorial workflow and empower your team with custom statuses, a calendar, editorial comments, and more.
We’ll be doing an online demo on editorial plugins in the near future, so watch this blog for that announcement. If you have feedback for us on the demo, or if there are topics you’d like to be covered in this way in future, let us know!